The Moray Laser is the best there is
above and below the water
This is the only military grade waterproof laser designed for extended and unlimited work underwater for any length of time, to depths unreachable by a scuba diver.
It is intended for commercial and military divers but is low priced enough for sport scuba divers to own.
- Convenient size, 6 inches long. Easy to hold in your hand.
- Only one moving part. No small caps or buttons to operate or turn (or leak). The only moving part is half of the entire unit allowing you to operate it easily even while wearing heavy Arctic gloves. It also makes it easy for people with small hands to operate because you don't have to use your finger tips to turn anything. You can grasp it with your entire hands.
- Heavy duty wrist lanyard with locking slide. May be hung safely from your wrist or equipment D rings without fear of loss.
- Why is green the laser of choice for SCUBA? The color that is most visible to the human eye is green. The water itself is a filter that absorbs most colors but it allows green to pass almost without resistance.
- Increased brightness US Federal law limits the power of this class of laser. One problem with green laser crystals is that they generate a lot of heat. That is a problem because they tend to dim as they heat up. We solved that problem by making the only underwater laser with cooling fins on the laser module housing. The cooling fins dissipate the heat the same as is done in car radiators and air conditioners. That keeps the laser module cooler and brighter.
- Power is supplied by inexpensive AA penlight batteries. The Moray Laser is built to operate on batteries that can be purchased easily anywhere in the world. One set of two will last through multiple dives and you can easily carry extra batteries if you are going to be on an extended trip. Rechargeable batteries are fine for toys and electronics that you use once in a while, but if you are a pro, you need to know that you can throw a couple of new batteries in the laser and you're good to go.
- It comes with batteries, a set of spare O-rings and a convenient container of spare O-ring grease.
||6 inches long|
||<5 mW (Class IIIa)
||Beam Dia. at Source
||10% after 20 min.
||6 in x 1.12 in
||Twist body (double O-ring seal)|
||circa 5,000 hrs
||2 - 1.5v AA - supplied|
Contact us for information about custom made higher power lasers and lasers for special purposes.